Learn more about when 2016 freshman admissions decisions will be released by visiting: www.admiss.vt.edu/admission-decision-notification-2016/
Once you submit your application, don’t forget to check your email and set up your Guest Account. Completing this step will give you access to your Application Status Page, which will allow you to see if we have received everything we need from you to complete your application as well as see your admission decision when it is available.
- Requirements – This section will let you know what the application review committee is looking for during application review. It also includes information about the credentials of students most recently offered admission to Virginia Tech.
- Dates & Deadlines – You will find important dates and deadlines for freshman applicants in this section.
- International Expenses – Verify you meet financial requirements when applying as an international student.
- Application Checklist – Review and print the application checklist for a complete list of what is needed to complete the application file.
- Application Policies – Use this section to learn about early decision, priority review, and alternative enrollment periods.
- Apply Online – Read the instructions and complete the online application process.
- Application Status – After you complete the application, use the application status page to track your status in the application process.
- Application Changes – Review the types of changes that can be made to your application and how to submit any changes.
- Accepting the Offer of Admission – Learn how to accept an offer of admission from Virginia Tech.
- Appeals Process – Been waitlisted or denied and have new information? Learn how to submit it here.
I’m in… now what?
- Admitted Student Timeline – See what lies ahead for you as an admitted student.
- Submitting Your Transcripts – Review the final steps you must take in order to attend classes.
- Final Requirements – Review the final steps you must take to become a Virginia Tech student. (For International Applicants)
- Orientation – Learn about new student orientation activities.
A Note from the Director
We are delighted that you are considering Virginia Tech! Knowing that applying to college can be both challenging and exciting, we have made every attempt to ensure that our application process is brief and straightforward.
Before you begin your application, be sure to read the instructions provided on this site – they are a helpful resource and will answer many of the questions you probably already have. Take note of the helpful hints, checklists, and timelines, which will help keep you on track throughout the process.
We look forward to receiving your application and are here to help, so please do not hesitate to contact our office should you need any assistance during this important time.
Mildred R. Johnson
Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Director of Undergraduate Admissions
If you were previously accepted to Virginia Tech, took classes, and then left the university in good standing, you do not need to reapply. Please contact the Registrar to ask to be reinstated.
International Transfer Applicants
If any of your previous or current education has been or is currently in an international education system, please submit the international application.
We require extra information for transfer applicants who have completed or are completing courses at an international college or university. See the application checklist or the application instructions for a full list of what is needed from international transfer applicants.