Applying to Virginia Tech
Guest Account Creation Process
Please note: due to the high volume of guest account requests at this time, please expect up to five business days to receive a response related to the creation of your guest account should you contact our office.
Shortly after you apply to Virginia Tech, you will receive two important emails. Please watch your inbox for messages similar to the following:
From: VT Undergraduate Admissions [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Subject: Virginia Tech Application Status Page
Dear Virginia Tech Applicant,
Please complete the following steps as soon as possible:
Your application ID number is: XXXXXXXXX
1. Print this important information and keep it in a safe place.
2. Create your Guest Account.
You must create your guest account as soon as possible so that you can access the Application Status Page.
a. To create your guest account, you must first initiate the Applicant Guest Account Activation Process by filling out the form at http://www.inviteapp.banner.vt.edu. This form will send an invitation to you to invite you to have guest access to the Virginia Tech information system.
b. An emailed invitation should arrive immediately from PleaseDoNotReply@vt.edu with “Virginia Tech Guest Account Invitation” in the subject line. (Filling out the form in item a. above should automatically send the invitation email. If you do not see the invitation email, make sure to check your spam or junk email folders, and/or add PleaseDoNotReply@vt.edu to your list of approved senders.)
c. Click the link in the email from PleaseDoNotReply@vt.edu within 48 hours to create your guest account. You will create your own password as part of this process.
d. Save your password in a secure location, as you will need it (along with your email address) to access the Application Status Page.
3. Go to the Application Status Page from the link at http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/check-application-status/. (Your guest account to log into this page is your email address plus the password you created in item 2.c. above.)
4. Once you have logged in to the Application Status Page, click on your Admission Term (which is the term you intend to begin studies at Virginia Tech, if offered admission).
5. Verify that all information on the page is correct. Should you need to make a change to anything provided on your application, make sure to follow the instructions at http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/application-changes/ (do NOT submit another application). The highest SAT/ACT scores we have received are reflected. If you retake the SAT or ACT, make sure to have scores reported electronically to Virginia Tech (CEEB Code 5859, ACT Code 4420). Please allow two to four weeks for any new information to be received, processed, and reflected on the application status page. If more than four weeks have passed and there is no date in the “Received” column, you should assume that we have not received your updated information and you should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. (Updated transcripts and fall semester grades sent after the initial submission will not be posted on this summary page. The receipt date of final official transcripts will be posted.)
IMPORTANT: Applicants are expected to confirm receipt of required supplemental information on the Application Status Page (such as transcripts and test scores) by checking for “received” dates for required information. Virginia Tech may cancel, without notice, any application not completed with required supplemental information in time for review.
Admissions decisions are typically posted to the Application Status Page within a few days of the posted application notification date (see Dates and Deadlines at http://www.admiss.vt.edu). For applicants who complete the FAFSA by the priority deadline (usually in late February/early March – see http://www.finaid.vt.edu for updated information), financial aid and scholarship information will become available through the Application Status Page in April.
Make sure to follow the appropriate Application Checklist at http://www.admiss.vt.edu/. Please let us know if you have questions.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
From: Virginia Tech Guest Management Service [PleaseDoNotReply@vt.edu]
Subject: Virginia Tech Guest Account Invitation
You have been invited to create a Virginia Tech guest account using your email address. A Virginia Tech affiliated person or service has requested that you receive electronic access to Virginia Tech.
If you believe this message was sent in error or you do not want to create a Virginia Tech guest account, you can ignore this message.
If you would like to continue the guest account creation process, please click on the link below. You will have 48 hours to create your guest account. After that time, this link will no longer be valid. You may find it helpful to keep this message for future reference.
As a guest you will be able to log in to applications at Virginia Tech for which you have been granted access. You may receive a separate email containing details for using your guest account. By using this service you agree to adhere to Virginia Tech’s acceptable use guidelines available at:
NOTE: As an applicant to Virginia Tech, you must have this guest account to access your online application status page. Please refer to the email from email@example.com with the subject “Virginia Tech Status Page” for further instructions. If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an automated message; please do not reply to this email.
See FAQ Page.