Prior to visiting our campus, please check this page for the most updated information related to cancellations and closings for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Please register online for your upcoming visit to Virginia Tech. After you register, you can print your ticket which you will bring with you when you visit campus. If your party size is greater than nine, please register for a group visit.
Is the day you wanted to visit full? Try one of our Fall Open House events! This single day event held in October and November is one of the best times to visit us. Find more information here.
If you plan to bring a group of 10 or more students to campus, visit our group tours section so we can make special arrangements for your group.
Directions and Parking
- On Saturdays visitors do not need parking permits for most lots. Refer to this list for the exceptions. Be sure to check signs for any 24-hour faculty-staff notations before parking.
If you are a person with a disability and desire assistance or accommodation, please notify the Admissions Office at (540) 231-6267 during business hours, Monday through Friday.
Information Sessions and Tours
Below is a general information session and tour schedule.
- Check out our information session calendars for specific information about sessions and tour times. (Please see links at right for upcoming information session and tour times.)
- Please register for your information session and/or tour (unless part of a 10 or more person group visiting campus).
- Please see College and Department Information Sessions for specific department information session times and registration requirements.
- If you are planning on bringing a large group (10 or more prospective students) to campus, visit our group tours section to register in advance.
- Please note that the schedule is subject to change, so be sure to verify the dates and times before your visit.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions, located at 925 Prices Fork Road in the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center, is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and many Saturday mornings, 8:30 a.m. until noon, unless the university is closed. Our office is closed on Saturdays in May, June, and other select weekends.
Make the Most of Your Visit
Below are some suggested ways to get the most out of your time on campus and in Blacksburg.
- Attend an admissions or departmental information session.
- Schedule an appointment with a faculty member in the department of the major in which you are most interested.
- Inquire about entertainment (plays, concerts, speakers, etc.) or athletic events that are taking place on campus. You can find more information on the Virginia Tech Calendar.
- Talk with Virginia Tech students you encounter during your visit. Find out why they chose Tech and learn about their experiences as Hokies.
- Plan to have a meal or snack in one of our award-winning on-campus dining facilities. Be sure to have cash on hand and bring your appetite – menus are available to please every palate.
- Go exploring! In addition to a tour, make sure you see as much of campus and the surrounding area as possible.
- Investigate local hiking, biking, canoeing, and more, or take time for a leisurely drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.